Thursday, May 20, 2010

OTHERSIDE FARMS in OC Weekly

OTHERSIDE FARMS makes front cover of OC Weekly this week, May 20, 2010. Get your copy today!

Please note that there are some twisted statements made in this article and OTHERSIDE FARMS does not openly bash dispensaries. Our intentions are good willed and we do not slam anyone. We only wish for a solution that works for EVERYONE. If there are any questions which require clarification, please contact us.

"Here is my take on all of this. There are no dispensaries named in my statements nor did I say ALL or EVERY dispensary and the truth of the matter is that there are bad elements to EVERY industry and if we expect those who oppose medical marijuana to take us serious we ought come to some realizations about the truth. I spoke with several dispensary owners regarding the article and they took no offense to the story stating "I didn't feel it related to me". Exactly! The opposition to medical marijuana has some legitimate concerns about our industry and if we act like everything is just fine then how can expect them to think we are rational and logical thinkers. It's funny to me that so many are offended feeling I put their name or business out there when that didn't happpen at all. Then, those same people do the exact same thing to me and my family. Do we really expect the cities to want to talk to us? It seems we're either suing them or fighting amongst each other. It's unfortunate this has taken the direction it has. It's also odd that the "Chadd McKeen openly bashes dispensaries" statement is only in the online version and again, I never stated any names of dispensaries nor did I say ALL or EVERY dispensary. Also, I dont see where I said "my way is the only way" or that "I am the only one doing it right". This article, and it's subsequent comments, have had a horrible effect on myself and family due to the local dispensaries feeliing we have betrayed them and that was not our intent at all. If our intent were malicious or if we had stated something that was incorrect we would apologize, but we haven't "openly bashed" anyone or mistated the truth. We thank those of you who are supporting us and we encourage those of you who have questions about any of this to come and talk to us in person."

- Chadd McKeen

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog DirectoryBlog Directory