Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Most Down for the Cause

by Matthew Delarosa

“Any friend of yours is a friend of mine.” Has anybody ever told you that? Have you ever really concluded that any friend of “yours” is actually compatible with that particular person? For that matter would you be equally compatible with all of their friends? After heavy consideration I could only muster up one bud, no pun intended, that truly fit the bill to qualify that statement... DING DING DING! You guessed it, marijuana! So I asked myself, “Who is consequently my pal for sharing an interest in my other pal, Mary Jane?” that's when I started my research on celebrities and other various figures in the public eye that possessed this common friend. Results included the likes of Al Gore, Neil Young, Calvin Klein, Brad Pitt... wait Brad Pitt? I love Brad Pitt! Seven, Fight Club and Inglourious Basterds! All films that were made paramount by the quality acting of my newly found smoking mate, Brad Pitt. It enthused me needless to say. I looked deeper into Mr. Pitt's support for marijuana and my findings revealed that this actor has more than just a simple admiration for greens. Recently in an interview, Bill Maher recalls Brad's rolling paper skills as … “better than a cigarette.” Brad replied, “I'm an artist.” Another interview following the grand success of Inglourious Basterds, uncovered that Quentin Tarantino had recruited the actor for the role of Lieutenant Aldo Raine during a quaint hash and wine session. It was clear to me that marijuana has played a positive part in Brad Pitt's life. So what kind of positive influence has Brad put back? Newsweek Magazine named him as one of “15 People Who Make America Great.” Charities that Brad supports include: Right To Play, Human Rights Watch, the ONE campaign and many more successful organizations providing better lives for people around the globe. I believe it is important we become aware of our fellow stoners, both in the lime light and in your communities, that are contributing role models to society. “Any friend of yours is a friend of mine.” Brad Pitt, I salute you as this issues OtherSide Farms Most Down for the Cause. Each OtherSide Farms Newsletter will include one new Most Down for the Cause candidate who has respect for the sweet leaf and the sweet life. Until then my friends, enjoy life, liberty and the right to medicate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog DirectoryBlog Directory